The weather is finally warming up and that can only mean one thing: summer is on it’s way!
In addition to looking forward to long, hot days and endless frosé, summer is the best time to let your skin shine (I’m talking about that healthy, sun kissed glow type of shine … not sweat, obvs).
Putting your best foot, or skin in this case, forward takes a bit of time and effort though. Which means summer skin prep starts now! To help you get started, here's our six steps for making sure your skin will be glowing as bright as that summer sun:
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Your mum wasn’t messing about when she told you to drink lots of water! Drinking around six to eight glasses of water is the daily recommended dose to keep your skin (and body) healthy.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits and veggies. Because your really are what you eat! Remember the old five plus a day saying? Well, eating fruits and vegetables not only keeps the doctor away, it also helps protect your skin from cellular damage caused by free radicals thanks to the powerful antioxidants contained in them.
- Scrub it, scrub it real good. I’m talking about exfoliating your body, head to toe, to remove dead skin cells and keep your skin fresh. Don’t overdo this one though, because over exfoliating can cause more harm than good. For best results, stick to exfoliating two to three times per week, and only once per week if you have sensitive skin.
- Slather on that moisturiser. Exposure to the sun dries out your skin, and while drinking lots of water is important, moisturising also helps keep your skin hydrated. Don’t forget to either use a moisturiser with SPF in it, or put SPF on top for extra protection for your skin.
- Refresh yourself! Face masks and face sprays are a great way to give your skin some extra TLC. They go a long way towards helping your skin look radiant all summer long, so go on, treat yourself!
- Don’t forget the lips! Summer is the time to wear bright colours on your lips, so you want them looking 100 per cent. Using a lip scrub (stick to using it only once or twice a week) and lip balm (ideally with SPF) will ensure your lips are ready to rock some colour … or to pucker up to give your summer love a little smooch (you wild flirt, you!)
Follow these steps and your skin will be ready for summer in no time … and in addition, don’t forget to stay wild!