The classic pavlova (aka, pav) is one of the best parts of celebrating Christmas down under. In fact some, myself included, would say that there’s no way to beat it.
Cue, Mona (@blissberri), who has created this incredible Vegan Wildbag And Coconut Cream Pavlova … aka, a classic pav, but better. Turns out, I’ll have to eat my words, and some of this delicious pav too.
Keep reading to find out how you can make this delicious dessert in time for Christmas day:
- 2 tbs Wildbag Vanilla Superfood Protein Blends
- 400 ml can coconut cream
- 400g can chickpeas
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1tbs cornflour
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Passionfruit, chopped up pistachios and edible flowers (for topping)
The night before you make your vegan Wilbag and coconut cream pav:
- Place coconut cream in the fridge and chill overnight.
A few hours before you make your vegan Wilbag and coconut cream pav:
- Drain the chickpeas, and make sure you keep the canning liquid. Chill the canning liquid for 2 hours or until cold.
- Place the chickpeas in an airtight container and refrigerate for another use.
Once you’re ready to make your vegan Wilbag and coconut cream pav:
- Preheat oven to 150°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Take the cold chickpea canning liquid and whisk for 8 minutes or until mixture turns to soft peaks.
- Add sugar, 1 tbs at a time, whisking constantly for 15 minutes or until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Whisk in the cornflour.
- Working with about ¼ cup mixture per meringue, shape 10cm rounds onto the baking trays to make 12 meringues.
- Place in the oven and immediately reduce oven to 100°C.
- Bake for 1 hour and15 minutes, or until the outside of meringue is firm and crisp.
- Turn off oven and leave meringues to dry out in the oven for about 4 hours.
- Once meringues are dry, take the chilled coconut cream and mix it with 2 tbs Wildbag Vanilla Superfood Protein Blends.
- Whisk the coconut cream and Wildbag mixture into stiff peaks,
- Finally, whisk in the maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Spread the coconut cream and Wildbag mixture over the meringues and scatter with passionfruit, chopped up pistachios and edible flowers.
Enjoy this delicious treat with your family and friends. Have a safe and happy Christmas, and as always, #staywild!
Recipe and image by Mona (@blissberri)